Sunday, September 26, 2010

Settling In

Well, one thing that I've learned is that I'm still an idiot when it comes to using adapters, converters and outlets outside of the US. I melted my hairdryer...may it rest in peace. That was a real bummer. I really liked that hairdryer too. Seems like I would have wised up after living in Paris, but I just wish we could all use the same measurements and voltage. It would just really help me out!

We are now officially members of the Two Oceans Aquarium in Cape Town. It's just two buildings down from us, so I think we'll be spending a good amount of time there during the week. They have a great kids area and a really neat Shark exhibit where people can dive & swim with the sharks.

Below are a couple of pictures of the seals and birds in the marina where we're staying:







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving your blog.... makes me homesick, but enjoy the pics, etc. Sorry about your hairdryer!! Been there, done that! You can find pretty good deals on them at Game..... because the voltage is so high, the average dryer does a pretty good job!